Question

Search Formula to check 3 variables from Airtable

• 16 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi, I'm trying to use a search formula to check 3 true or false variables under the same column in airtable. what would that formula look like?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @gstar 

Please give us more details. How are they in the same column (field in Airtable)? A screenshot would help 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there @gstar !

As Moh mentioned, we would need to see a lot of details about the tables and your setup in order to understand more about what you are trying to accomplish with Zapier.

From what you said, it sounds like you are trying to reference values from multiple cells, but to what end?  Do you just want to print these values out or were you trying to accomplish some sort of logic after that to generate some sort of unique outcome?

Zapier does offer a “Find Many Rows” search that might let you fetch all of the data you are looking for without worrying about functions, but if you were keen on learning more about Airtable, these guides talk about the Text Functions they offer: 

Hopefully this helps! =)

Sorry was on a road trip, so the goal was to act if all booleans were either all true or all false. instead i turned it into a number and rolled it up into a separate table in an attempt to bypass any complicated formulations needed by zapier but still to no avail. Now if i try to check against the value the request returns a 400 bad request and i’m assuming this is because of the Rollup format.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @gstar 

Try using a Search Formula in the Airtable Find Record step

Example: AND({Field1}=”true”,{Field2}=”true”,{Field3}=”true”)

Help article: https://support.airtable.com/docs/using-zapier-s-multi-step-zaps-to-find-and-update-records

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @gstar , 

Please screenshot the Airtable field and your zapier setup for the Find step. 

trying to make it as si

mple as possible and it’s still returning an error

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

First, Click on the fields Base / Table / View and choose the values you need. The error is saying Grid View isnt found, click on Load More to choose a view (which is not required but its up to you)

Second, for the value to search, remove the quotation marks, just type true

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @gstar!

Just checking in to see if the suggestions by Troy and/or Moh helped you solve this :)