Best answer

Search for Text in List within a Path/Filter

• 10 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I am looking for help with a workflow and I’m unsure if formatter, paths, filters, lookup tables or something else would work best. Here’s what I am trying to accomplish:

• Trigger: New Registrant in GoToWebinar
  • Check to see if text exists in a dynamic Excel list (i.e. I’m searching for gmail.com, yahoo.com, text A, text B, text C, and so on; also not case-sensitive so that if someone types GMAIL all in capital letters for example it would still be found in the list)
  • If text does exist, then no further workflow
  • If text does not exist, then continue with other steps

I found similar examples in this forum with lookup tables, but that seems to be exact match only, and with Formatter, but this same workflow will apply to ~30 zaps so it will be difficult to put all the possible search text in the step. I also cannot figure out if there is a way to put a search step within a path. Hope someone can help me!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 16 July 2020, 00:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @ChelseaK - Thanks for writing in! I’ve gone ahead and escalated your question to support given the complexity, but we just want to get this right. Thanks for being patient!

Edit: Looks like you and Support had an amazing conversation! Here’s the solution proposed to you: 

Thank you for providing that description. I am sorry to say with Excel you would have to create a lookup step for each domain. That said, I believe you may benefit from using the Formatter by Zapier - Lookup Table. You can add all of the domains to the lookup table and create your Paths from that step. More information here: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps