Best answer

Search for google folder

• 30 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello guys, I have a question regarding my automation process. I have a collision repair center, we use slack to communicate between our department, and google drive to store pictures and documents. 

Each vehicle has a specific folder in google drive with unique ID, as of now, when pictures are sent via slack, I manually send them towards the right folder in google drive. I was wondering if I could create a zap that searches the slack conversation for unique ID, and when found store the pictures into google into the right folder. 

Example : 1056 front left bumper bracket broken (jpg picture attached).

Once my shop manager sends the message, it will send the jpg into the right folder. 

We use slack because we can communicate messages and voice messages to know exactly what the pictures are for, which can’t be done in the google drive app. 

Is this doable ? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 30 January 2023, 17:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jimrup05 

Good question.

You may want to look into using Slack Workflow Builder to create even more structured data intake and messages to Channels, which may help aid in the automations.

Otherwise, look into using a Form app to structure the data intake (unique ID, description, images) and integrate with Zaps to send the data to Slack and GDrive.

Try something like these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Slack - New Public Message Posted Anywhere
  2. Action: Filter (to make sure you are triggering on the correct matching messages)
  3. Action: Formatter > Text > Split
  4. Action: GDrive - Find/Create Folder
  5. Action: Looping (to handle 1+ file)
  6. Action: GDrive - Upload File