Question

Scheduling zap every *other* day

• 16 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I would like to schedule a zap not for every day, but every *other* day. Is there a simple way to do this? The only similar solution I have seen is to trigger it for certain days of the week, but this is not every other day since there are 7 days a week. Also, I can imagine choosing only odd or even dates but this wouldn’t work if the 31st is followed by the 1st. Is there a way to do this seamlessly? Thank you very much.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @synapticlee! I wonder if Schedule by Zapier would work for you?

Check it out here and let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi there, @synapticlee! I wonder if Schedule by Zapier would work for you?

Check it out here and let us know! 🙂

No, that doesn’t work as I need it every other day -- I am already using “schedule by zapier” for every day but I need it to be every other day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hmm, this is a tricky one. My first instinct is the same as yours; using odd an even dates. But as you mentioned, that doesn’t always work. 

I can think of a workaround, but it’s a bit messy:

Create a table in Google sheets with each day of the year on a new row. In the second column alternately type TRUE or FALSE (or 0 and 1, whichever you prefer). 

After the Schedule trigger, add a Google Sheets Find Row step. Have it look up the date on which the trigger has fired. 

Use a filter step to have the Zap only continue if the value in the second column is ‘TRUE’ (or 0, or whatever you pick). 

As I said, this isn’t perfect, because you will use a task each day (to look up the value in the Google Sheet) before it hits the filter step. That’s the best workaround I can think of in this case. What do you think?