Best answer

Scheduling a recurring email based on a certain trigger

• 22 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to set up a zap and I’m hitting a brick wall. The solution is probably right in front of me, but I think I’ve just been staring at this for too long. Here’s what I need to do: 

1. A new form is started in Zengine
  2. A filter is set up for the action to only run if the form was created but not completed AND if the date the form was created was greater than 7 days ago
  3. A reminder email is sent out in Gmail to let the user know that they need to complete this form. 

That part works fine, but what I need is a way to make sure that this same reminder email goes out every 7 days for as long as the form has not been completed. And that’s the part I can’t figure out how to set up. Ideas?

icon

Best answer by ACAIN 29 August 2022, 17:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ACAIN 

Good question.

You essentially need to create a looping Zap that has a Filter step and and Delay step.

That is an advanced approach that uses Webhooks at the first and last steps of the Zap.

Example:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, @Troy Tessalone , I’ll give this a try!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey, @ACAIN ! I wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to get this working with Looping, like Troy recommended! Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Userlevel 1
Badge

You essentially need to create a looping Zap that has a Filter step and and Delay step.

That is an advanced approach that uses Webhooks at the first and last steps of the Zap.

Example:

@MichelleS , no I wasn’t, but it wasn’t Troy’s fault. His instructions were very clear. But Zengine does not provide a way to generate webhooks. Instead, it forces you to create an entire app from scratch, which was tedious and time-consuming. We decided just to go with a different approach rather than require a recurring reminder. Thanks, though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for closing the loop here and letting us know the approach ya’ll decided to 🤗