Question

Schedules zap with salesforce

• 16 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I would like to do a zap that would run at a scheduled time and that would: 
- look into our salesforce all the opportunities with type = new and a specific field = true. 
- send a notification into our slack with the list of the opportunities matching the previous criterias

I am not sure how to work on the first part. There is no specific trigger as these opportunities are not updated (just showing some opportunities matching the criterias).  Can someone help ? 
Thanks in advance,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Clementine Mitt 

Good question.

You can use Schedule by Zapier to schedule a Zap.

However, I’d recommend looking into native Salesforce automation capabilities.

Else, with your use case, that may require using the Salesforce API in Zaps, which is a much more advanced approach, because you may have to deal with pagination of results, etc.

Otherwise, your best option is to use the Salesforce Find Record(s) Zap action, but that may have limits on how many records are returned, and if you don’t then update the record values, you may continually retrieve the same records.

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer. It is not an issue that the same opportunities pop up from one notif to another are some opportunities we want to update so it’s a good reminder. 

I am trying to do it with the schedule first, then find records in SF. However, I can’t select some SF fields to search my opportunities → I only have schedule options values coming up (see picture). I guess I am not using that correctly but how could I do “find records” and have all the opportunities coming up matching a certain stage or type for ex ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Clementine Mitt 

You can manually insert static values

I guess I am not using that correctly but how could I do “find records” and have all the opportunities coming up matching a certain stage or type for ex ?

It’s very unlikely that you’ll be able to use the Salesforce Find Records to get ALL of your Opps due to pagination (e.g. 10 results returned MAX)

If you run it multiple times (without first changing the searched by values on the returned records), then it will likely continue to find the same records.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Clementine Mitt - checking in on your progress. Was Troy’s second response above helpful? Is there anything else we can help you out with while you’re here? Let us know!

Rachael