Best answer

Scheduled "Latest Update"

• 15 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all.  I realize there is a way to schedule Zaps.  However, I am wondering if there is a way to schedule a Zap so that when it runs, it only picks up the latest update?  For example, I have a Zap that triggers off of Pipedrive every time a Person is updated.  The volume of updates is pretty high.  We are thinking that it might be OK to only have the latest update from Pipedrive on a regular schedule, but I haven’t seen that there is a way to do this.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 18 September 2020, 03:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sounds like a job for Digest by Zapier.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the reply.  I am new to Digest, but best I can tell, it will trigger off of an update and append to the digest before scheduling the release (send) of the digest to the destination (action step). 

If this is true, it doesn't help my case because what I am trying to do is get only the most current update on a scheduled basis.  In other words, if there are 6 updates throughout the day, and I run the job (zap) at midnight, I only want it to process the 6th update, therefore only charging us for 1 task, not 6.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

That’s an interesting point. I’m not personally sure what counts as the task, when it’s added to the digest or when the digest releases. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @bdougherty - I have this same Zap configured for myself when I post updates to the team. Everyday when I provide a daily update, my update is appended to a single Digest by Zapier. Once a week on Fridays, all 6 days worth of updates are sent out to me. To be clear, it only fires off on my update. I filter out any other updates from other team members, so when the Zap stops because Filter by Zapier sees it’s not from me. I see my Task Log that it counts as 0 tasks when the Zap stops. But it goes off as 5 tasks in a single Zap when it does go through because of my filtering. So to summarize:

• I have 1 Zap.
  • When that 1 Zap fires off, it uses 5 tasks.
  • When that 1 Zap stops, it uses 0 tasks.
  • When that 1 Zap releases the digest once a week, it uses 6 tasks, an extra task to release the digest once a week. 

Let me know if this was helpful!