Best answer

Schedule by Zapier bi-weekly

• 25 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m building a Zap to send a Slack message to my team on a bi-weekly basis to submit their topics they want to talk about during our team huddle. Trying to get more collaboration out of them. 

I’m struggling to get this right though. I thought I had it by using a Delay after Schedule by Zapier weekly, but that didn’t work and everyone was confused this morning when it said there was a team huddle this afternoon, when in fact it is next Monday.

Currently I have the zap set up to message my team a week before the meeting for any topics, then follow up again as a thread to that message on Friday of the same week for topics on Monday. 

Any idea, without using code, how I could do this? I saw another thread on this and the person proposed using code, but I don’t understand code to know what to do with that. I also couldn’t figure out how to respond in that thread (sorta a n00b to the community).

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 26 May 2020, 12:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey - Is there anything stopping you from just creating 2 zaps - One for one day and one for another?

Not sure on the bit that’s breaking here - So any more info would be excellent

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@blueprintbrian 

I recently built a zap template for this very situation. You can access it here (with instructions):

https://www.luhhu.com/blog/trigger-a-zap-bi-weekly-or-more

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Boom! There you go! Thanks @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

Cool. I would need it every other week, though. Your zap, while super helpful anyways for other ideas, would trigger more than once in the same week. 

Am I understanding that correctly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@blueprintbrian 

Yes - twice a week… but I can also build you a template for once every other week.

Will send that tomorrow.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu You’re a gem! Much appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Here you go @blueprintbrian 

https://www.luhhu.com/blog/trigger-a-zap-only-on-alternate-weeks

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu Awesome! Copied it and I’ll give it a go. Seeing how it was laid out gave me some ideas on other zaps. Thanks for the help!!