Best answer

Saving Reciepts from Gmail in Google Drive?

• 14 April 2021
  • 7 replies

I’m completely new to Zapier and this is my first go at setting up some automation. Trying to set up a zap that will allow me to label an email and it will trigger a conversion to a readable pdf document, and then save it in a dropbox folder.  (I tried the pdf.co integration, but the resulting pdf document was basically just text and is not easily readable.) I found this reference and was able to get a readable document on Google docs :

I think this will work but I need the last step - how do I get it from google docs to dropbox in a pdf format?  

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 May 2021, 22:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RobinG 

GDrive will provide a PDF version of a GDoc file which can then be sent to Dropbox, as indicated in the related Topic you included.

Userlevel 1

Hi @RobinG 

GDrive will provide a PDF version of a GDoc file which can then be sent to Dropbox, as indicated in the related Topic you included.

Hello I am still stuck at this step.  I see the ability to use the above URL under the label  “Link Export Application/pdf:”  but I have no idea where or how to use it.   

Below is what happens when I try to explort/convert a gdoc (with limited html) into pdf:

Action: Upload File to Google Drive

Test parameters: 

Drive: [destination]

Folder [destination]

File: docs.google.com/feeds/download/documents/export/Export?id=[GOOGLE DOC ID] &exportFormat=pdf 

Convert to Document?: false

File Name : [file name]

File Extension: .pdf

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @PACS!

When you say “below is what happens” I’m not sure what you’re referring to. I see the fields that would appear on the Upload File to Google Drive step but I don’t see any mention of error messages, or whether anything shows up in Google Drive when you do this?

Maybe you can elaborate with details of what the Zap looks like and what roadblocks you’re facing as you test the Zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PACS 

Per @nicksimard’s suggestion, please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Sorry about that @nicksimard and @Troy Tessalone 

The below is the first step of the process, creating a Google Doc using the HTML email body 

Thereafter, I created an action “Upload File to Google Drive” using the below settings. This is the precise point where I do not know how or where to input “Export Links Application” URL to output a PDF from a Google Doc. 

The below is what happens when I test. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PACS 

Make sure the File and or Folder where the GDoc template is saved is publicly accessible in order to work with the Zaps.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone THANK YOU so much, that seemed to fix it!