Question

Saving Gmail Attachments in one of many drives

• 16 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I have multiple shared drives that I have all appropriate permissions for. 

They all have different types of jobs in them as drives have a maximum number of items allowed. 
Eg. 1-10000, 10001-20000, 20001-30000.

These all have individual folders within them for each project number.

Eg. 1 - Bobs Shop, 10002 - Suzies Shop

When I get emails I want to automatically download the attachments and place them in the correct sub folder. At this stage I am changing the subject of the email to match the Job number and then getting Zapier to search for the job number in the shared drive that matched the subject and place that attachment there. It works with searching one of the drives but I cant work out how to make it search all the drives and then place it in the right one. 

I have lined up all the steps but am getting confused on how to get the search fuction that came back true to be the only one used. 

Does anyone have a good idea on how to get this working? Mainly worried about the search function of it as I have the single search and download sorted out. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Maddie Hansen, welcome to the Community!

My first thought here would be to suggest taking a look at our Looping by Zapier app. It could allow you to run searches for the different drives. We have a guide on how to Loop your Zap actions which you might find helpful.

You could potentially use a Filter by Zapier action (Or Paths by Zapier if on a Professional or higher Zapier plan) to check whether the search action found a match or not. You can find out more about using Filters here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

Hope that helps! 🙂