Question

Salesforce Trigger: Lead Object Type on Conversion not triggering

• 13 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello Community! I am new to Saleforce API, not new to APIs or Zapier. I have a Saleforce trigger configured correctly I believe - that is, when a Lead object’s status is updated to my base “Converted” value - and I can see sample data. However, when I turn on the Zap and send a live deme/test by changing a lead’s status to my converted value, nothing happens in the Zap history.

It DOES again show up in test data, however.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? Thanks! 

Should only trigger when Object “Lead” field for “Status” changes to “New Patient”
Turned on Zap and tested with a record, changing status to “New Patient”
Trigger works according to test data
However, task history shows the Zap not running at all.

Interestingly, when I change the lead status back to default “New”, the trigger works with test data. 

Sooo….

1. Why is Zapier accepting the trigger outside the conditions I specified (that is, Object “Lead” record field “Status” changes to exactly match “New Patient”)?
  2. When the Zap is live, why would the trigger receive test data but NOT show task history, i.e. the Zap doesn’t run?
Looks like my restrictions to trigger only on Status field set to “New Patient” isn’t working!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

UPDATED: Interestingly, when I change the lead status back to default “New”, the trigger works with test data. 

Sooo….

1. Why is Zapier accepting the trigger outside the conditions I specified (that is, Object “Lead” record field “Status” changes to exactly match “New Patient”)?
  2. When the Zap is live, why would the trigger receive test data but NOT show task history, i.e. the Zap doesn’t run?
Despite my set up conditions, status “New” triggers test data, too. Weird.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@tommycopeland 

Sorry we missed this before. 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?