Best answer

SalesForce to Zoom Webinar using Dynamic names

• 3 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hey everyone-

So, I have a Zap that is designed to register a user in a Zoom Webinar that matches the name of the event coming out of SalesForce. So, this one Zap will accommodate any event that qualifies. 

This will prevent me from having to create specific Zaps for each event which works but that’s a lot of Zaps!

So, in the action step of the Zap, for the Upcoming Webinar name, I’m trying to pass the value from the SalesForce data but this results in an error that says “Webinar not found” in Zoom.

The webinar is in fact in both platforms with the exact same name.

Any thoughts on how I can pull this off?

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by Paolo 3 November 2022, 01:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @justSeth, hope you’re doing well!

One thing to note about the Zoom Webinars is that each Webinar would have a unique ID. This is usually seen under the Webinar name when. selecting a particular Webinar from the static dropdown list:

To make things dynamic, you would need to pass on the ID of a Webinar. Passing anything else like the Webinar name would cause the Webinar not found error.

To address this, add a Formatter Lookup Table to convert the Webinar names to the Webinar IDs that’s needed to make this dynamic: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496305146765-Create-lookup-tables-in-Zaps#3-fill-out-the-table-0-2

I hope that helps 😀