Best answer

Salesforce to QuickBooks online for invoicing

• 27 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI new to Zapier & needing help. I have 2 zaps working well, but cant get the 3rd to work.

I want to send information form SF to QB to create an invoice.

Steps:

1 - Trigger - salesforce record updated (to Order status) - all good

2 - Action: create invoice in QB online

set up action: wants me to choose a customer from a list already in QB. The correct customer is the customer associated to the opportunity in salesforce. So I click “custom”. This gives me a list of all the fields in the SF opportunity (quantity, size, price etc), but not the fields LINKED to the opportunity (customer).

There is the option to add a search step, but I still cant get that to work.

Here is the logic:

for the updated SF opportunity record

find the linked contact object

select the customer name

Pass that to QB

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 27 January 2023, 00:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @PinMaker 

Good question.

For context, we’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Each app will expect their internal IDs for those Contacts so you likely need to add search steps.

Salesforce should return the Contact ID of the linked Contact to the Opportunity.

From there you can add a Zap step: Salesforce - Find Record

For QBO you may need to add this Zap action: QBO - Find/Create Customer

Then you can map the QBO Customer ID to the QBO Invoice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @PinMaker!

The key to using the Custom option is to map the correct field. You can get an idea which field needs to be used by checking out the lighter grey text under the label when you click a dropdown.

For example when you look at customers in a Create Invoice step you’ll see these values:

If you were to use the Custom tab, the value you would need from a QBO search step would look like that 66 and 67 (in other words, you’re looking for an ID rather than a name or email address).

So, for customers in QBO you would map this field into your Create Invoice step:

Would you mind giving that a shot to see if it works for you?

Userlevel 1
Badge

thank you both. will try again and let you know how I get on….

Userlevel 1
Badge

Its working THANK YOU

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@PinMaker 

Yay! So great to hear that you got that working :) Thanks for letting us know.