Best answer

Salesforce reports as a daily trigger

• 13 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hey Everyone,

I’m looking into Salesforce and Slack integration where I’d like a daily digest of tasks to be sent to a slack channel as a notification. Ideally that would be a daily trigger that Zapier launches and pulls a Salesforce report and sends it nicely organized to a Slack channel.

From what I saw this doesn’t seem to be possible, if not are there any workarounds or intentions by Zapier to add this feature?

icon

Best answer by adamsmartschan 13 July 2020, 16:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Suren -

I don’t know that Salesforce → Zapier → Slack is the most effective thing here. You’ll likely have better luck with a tool like Google Data Studio, which ingests directly from Google Sheets. Salesforce → Zapier → Slack is good for point updates (e.g., Opportunity newly closed), but it’s hard to see it giving useful information. 

Ultimately, it depends what you’re looking for. Record by record updates can be a little tough. Big picture metrics (e.g., pipeline reports) can easily be built with Salesforce → Zapier → Google Sheets → Google Data Studio, then regularly scheduled from there. That’s how we do our weekly reporting – total automation after the CRM is updated.