Question

Salesforce - New Contact Trigger for Specific Contacts

• 1 April 2021
  • 4 replies

I am setting up a zap between salesforce and mailchimp and I would like when a new contact is created it will be added to a mailchimp mailing list. However, I don't want all new contacts being added but only contacts that meet a specific criteria. For example contacts that have that have a specific 'contact type' selected (as shown in attachment). 

A second somewhat related question - if it is my specific salesforce account login linked to the trigger, will the trigger only recognize new contacts which I have added or will it also include contacts which members of my company have also added to our salesforce account and if not how would I set this up?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sam2012 

Try adding a Filter as Step 2 in your Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

The trigger should work for your entire Salesforce account if the authenticated account has the proper permissions.

Check out the available help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

TIP: When in doubt, test it out!

Thank you Troy, 

I have tried it out however, now I have the issue that many of the fields do not appear as an option to use when trying to set up the filter. I am trying to set it up as "Only continue if….. 'contact type' 'text exactly matches' 'investor' but contact type is not an option I can select. This is not the only missing data point from the contact. 

I have tried refreshing the fields and choosing different test triggers, I also created the zap completely from scratch again, but this did not help. Do you have any advice here? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sam2012 

This is the documented help article for custom fields...

Custom fields/objects not loading

Sometimes when you add custom fields or objects in Salesforce, there is a delay between when they will appear in the Zap editor.
To fix this with a trigger you can scroll to the bottom of the Salesforce Object menu and select to reload and bring in new choices.

If you are dealing with actions, here's a couple steps that may help:

• Hard refreshing the page (Shift+F5 on a PC or CMD+Shift+R on a Mac) a couple times
  • Click ‘Refresh fields’ at the bottom of the Zap step
  • Copy that Zap and edit the copied version to see if the fields appear
  • Recreate the Zap from scratch
  • Wait a while longer, sometimes it takes a little while for the cache to refresh with those fields
Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @Sam2012, I just wanted to check in here, hope you’re doing well!

Was Troy’s recommendation able to help get things going or can we still help out here?