I started to connect SF with one of our zaps.
- I started to add Account lookup (or create if not found)
- That provied the same error yesterday, but then magically started working after I got an email from Zapier support
- Now I added that for Contact & Opportunity and both result in the same error
- It does not matter if I use the account lookup ID or just hardcode any account, the same error comes up
- So I cannot create either of those objects, regardless of whether I use actual or fake dummy data
I already checked that we only have 5 connected apps for this login under OAuth applications, and beyon this have no idea what it could be
- No issue creating any object in SF UI directly
Best answer by nicksimardView original
This might be an field permission issue related to the connected Salesforce account.
Found this explanation via a GSearch on the topic:
I also have the same issue “Could not create record of the "Contact" object” using the Salesforce (Premium) app.
This stopped working yesterday 05/18/21 around 2 PM EST. It was working fine for over a year, and I have not made any changes to any of the Zaps, or Salesforce.
I can also create a contact (read/write) with the same user logging into Salesforce via the web portal.
I also have a case with Salesforce but they already told me they cannot help me because they say this is a 3rd party app issue.
Have you reviewed these Salesforce Common Problems?
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I have and although I will continue to look at Salesforce, this does not seem like a Salesforce related issue to me.
Like I said in my original post, this was working for over a year, and all of a sudden stopped working on 05/18/21.
I see that you contacted our Support team and you ended up finding the issue yourself :)
I’m sharing here in case anyone else runs into this and finds it helpful: