Best answer

Salesforce connection using Connected App instead of User

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello community,

I’m brand new here on Zapier and I’m wondering if there’s a way to connect to different apps by not using user credentials?

It’s usually best practice to use Connected Apps instead of Integration user when configuring integration  so I would have though Zapier would support that

As for my use case, I will be integrating Salesforce Cases with Azure DevOps Work Items. 

So regarding Azure, I would also havd use an Access Token and not my credential there

so anyone here knows if Salesforce Connected App can be used to integrate with ZAP

icon

Best answer by Danvers 5 December 2022, 11:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Guillaume Loubier, welcome to the Community!

I’m afraid that the short answer here is no, you can’t connect Salesforce to Zapier using a connected app/API key type connection. You need to use a user’s log in credentials. 

I’m sorry that this isn’t ideal for you. I know that some people will create a fake user account in Saleforce to connect to Zapier so they know that all of the actions are coming from one account. I hope that helps and I’m sorry there’s not a way to connect in the way that you’d prefer!

Thanks @Danvers for the quick answer! That’s what I was thinking already, good that you confirmed!

Yup, we’ll use an Integration user for it since there’s no better way