Question

Salesforce connecting using sandbox enviroment

• 18 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to connect Zapier with Salesforce but I would like to connect to sandbox first. The redirect URL is set to production by default and I don't have the option to change the environment. This article says its possible https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496020790925-How-to-Get-Started-with-Salesforce-on-Zapier but am not getting the option to do that. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Rhoda, welcome to the Community! 

That’s very odd. What web browser are you using for this?

I’m using Google Chrome and was able to select the sandbox option when adding a new Salesforce connection:
720d0c22dedb3a0f964e974f051e12d2.gif

Just wondering if there’s a browser specific glitch here that’s preventing that option from being selected. Can you try connecting a new Salesforce app account from within a different web browser to see if that then allows the sandbox option to be selected?

Hopefully that’ll do the trick. Please keep us in the loop on how that goes!

Hi @SamB, thank you for getting back to me. I’m connecting to Salesforce essential working on the free plan is it possible to connect to Salesforce sandbox with Salesforce essentials. Also when I connect to Salesforce production using Salesforce essentials there is an authentication error. Is there a way around this with Salesforce essentials in the free plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Rhoda,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into our notes, and it appears that we have a Salesforce exemption that allows users to connect with Zapier, regardless of the Edition they are using, including Essentials.

Would you be willing to give the Salesforce app a try instead? You can find it here: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/integrations

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊