Best answer

Salesforce Account Lookup field - “Name: id value of incorrect type: Core D” error

• 17 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi All

I am testing Zapier if this can help at my work place before buying any subscription.

I have a account lookup field on a custom object. Google Spreadsheet has the Colum and includes all the accounts and they are in salesforce as well. When i am trying to setup a zap it is not going through can any one help?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 17 September 2021, 16:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Amity 

Please post screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured, thanks.

Also, check out the available help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Attached are the steps. On page 4, I have selected custom as this field is lookup, and Zapier should find the value from the spreadsheet Colum and look for it in salesforce. If it is there, then lookup should work.

I cannot find any article where anyone is working with Salesforce lookups with Zapier.

Best,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Amity 

Salesforce expects the internal ID for the Object Record.

Meaning you need to search for the cryptic value underneath (e.g. 0012g...) each friendly name (e.g. Core D).

You may have to use a Salesforce Find Record step first to get the desired Object Record ID.

@Troy Tessalone Thank you and i did that with fresh mind looking all the details after i sent you above Sshots. You are right and it is working.