Best answer

Run Zap during business hours only?

• 10 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve read the articles and did my best to follow along...but I think I saw the word javascript and Zap Meta Human and I’m lost!! 

I need help or need to hire someone to set up a zap that delays actions until we open at 9am and then stops all action at 5pm.  Monday - Friday.

And as an added bonus...we get applications in from every timezone.  I’d prefer the action continue per that persons time zone.  (But that is not essential)

Right now I have 5 zaps coming from the same source.  We would have to copy and paste into each one, or I’d have to reroute my five into one zap.  Whichever works. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 2 July 2021, 09:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @LaurieAllen
How many of these events do you expect to happen? There is a workaround with LookupTable’s that is easier to understand than the code but it would add 6 steps (tasks) to the original Zap (both if they run, or delay). Would this be a problem?

The set-up would be:

1. Trigger
  2. Date Formatter
  3. Splitter (get the day of the week and the hour separate)
  4. LookupTable to calculate delay in days (Saturday & Sunday)
  5. LookupTable to calculate delay for the hours
  6. Add outcomes of 4 and 5 
  7. Delay for (use the output of 6)
  8. Your actions
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@LaurieAllen, scrap that idea from me above - I just realised it won’t work as easily as I thought given the fact you sometimes on Friday want to delay for a few hours (in the morning), not at all (during the working day), or more than 48 hours (after 5pm). Step 4 if my suggestion above would go wrong. Sorry for that!

On another note, you said you have 5 Zaps coming from the same source, would it be an idea to have one “Master Zap” that triggers the other 5 with Webhooks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

For anyone who find this thread, I just wanted to follow up here to share a link to a handy article that covers how to delay Zap actions to run during business hours only - without the need for any complicated code steps! :)