Question

RSS to Linkedin personal AND company page

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

So Ive been able to setup a Zap between by blog’s RSS feed to a Linkedin post- either Company update OR personal share works fine (Zapier is fine with taking the right data from the RSS feed and showing it in Linkedin),

The problem is: I want this to be multistep- that is- RSS triggers a new post in my personal page, then my Company page reposts the personal page post.

In the second step, I am able to insert a field taken from the first step, which makes sense to me as the Personal page post, however, linkedin simply published the URL, without shoing it as an embedded post, like it would had I created a new company update and pasted the post URL.

Help?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Beyonder! 👋

I’m not sure the Create Company Update action is designed to embed existing updates from personal pages. I couldn’t see any existing feature requests open for that so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to get a feature request for embedding personal LinkedIn updates submitted on your behalf. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

In the meantime, instead of taking the URL from the first LinkedIn action in the Zap, could you set up the second LinkedIn action to use the information from the RSS by Zapier trigger instead? Multi-step Zaps don’t need to pass information between every action so you could set up both the LinkedIn actions to pull the relevant information from just the RSS trigger to generate the updates. So essentially the Zap would trigger once and post an update to your personal page and another to the company page. Could that work for you?

It sounds like the issue might be with how the content is being posted to the Company page and linkedin verified account. When you manually create a Company update and paste in a post URL, LinkedIn automatically generates an embedded preview of the content. However, when you use Zapier to repost a personal page post to your Company page, it may not be sending the correct metadata to LinkedIn to generate the embedded preview.

A LinkedIn verified account is a profile that has been authenticated by LinkedIn as belonging to a real person. This verification process adds a blue checkmark next to the person's name on their LinkedIn profile, indicating that their account is authentic.

To get a verified LinkedIn account, you need to meet certain criteria and submit a request to LinkedIn for verification. LinkedIn doesn't publicly share the specific criteria for verification, but it generally involves having a complete and active profile, a large and engaged network, and a significant online presence.

One solution to this issue could be to use a third-party link preview tool that generates an embeddable HTML code for the content you want to post. You could then use Zapier to post the HTML code to your Company page as a new update, rather than just the post URL. This should trigger LinkedIn to generate an embedded preview of the content, similar to when you manually create a Company update and paste in a post URL.

Alternatively, you could try using LinkedIn's official APIs to create a multistep post from your personal page to your Company page. The LinkedIn APIs allow you to access more detailed metadata about the content you want to post, which may help LinkedIn generate a better embedded preview. You can find more information about the LinkedIn APIs on the LinkedIn Developer website.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Joe Suarez

It’s great that you found this type of documentation about LinkedIn and the issue with your Zap.

Is everything okay now for your Zap? Please keep us posted!