Best answer

Row not found - Zap Halted notification

• 23 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

I have action steps in some zaps that lookup Rows in google sheets.

If the row is not found, the zap is halted.

This happens fairly often (it is expected) and I keep getting "Halted notification" emails, which I then have to open to see which Zap halted.

I could turn Halt notifications off altogether (it is an account-wide setting), but for some other zaps it is important for me to be notified if they are halted.

I could also choose the option "if row not found -> add row", but in this case it is not appropriate.

Usually I would put a filter, but in this case the filter would come AFTER the action, so the halted notification is already triggered.

Does anybody have a workaround so that "If row not found", it doesn't trigger a halted notification?

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 23 September 2019, 13:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Assuming you use something like Gmail, could you just setup an inbound filter that archives halt emails from that specific zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ChrisP!

I wanted to add a note that I know this is really frustrating - I'm sorry about that!

I've passed on your feedback to the team so they know that you're running into this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Luhhu I did look at this but thought the task history link in the body of the email referred to the actual task - which wouldn't have helped for future tasks. I have relooked and seen that, in fact, the task history link applies to all of the tasks for that zap, so yes, the Gmail filter works. Thank you -problem solved 👍️

Thanks also @Danvers - the workaround above works for now. Would be good to get more granular zap notification controls one day though (but not urgent) 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ChrisP - Happy to help!