Skip to main content

I currently have a list that I'm cold calling. I want to call 20 people every hour from this list. The current problem that I have is that it ends up calling the same 20 leads every time. How am I able make it so it's 20 new leads every time so eventually it calls every lead.

A good example would be: I submit a csv of 1000 leads to google sheets and once I publish the zapier automation, it will call 20 leads every hour and it won't call leads before 11am or after 5pm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! 

Hi @KevinCL 

Help article about business hours:

@KevinCL 

You’ll have to have a lookup column that is used in the Zap step.

e.g. USED = TRUE/FALSE

Logic being find 20 rows where USED = FALSE

Then update those 20 rows to be USED = TRUE

So the next time the Zap Runs it won’t find the same rows.

Hey Troy, thank you for your guidance. Would you mind being a little more specific with what tasks I need to use and how to set them up? I’m a complete beginner with Zapier!

@KevinCL 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

For business hours, follow the previously provided guide.

Here’s a related article about how to use a lookup column in GSheets:

This is the outline of my zap. Not sure where I would add the lookup column task.

@KevinCL 

Path B looks incomplete and may not be needed.

@KevinCL 

Remove Step 6. (GSheet - Get Many Rows)

For Step 5, add a column to the GSheet with a header of Used. (screenshot example)

The concept being you find rows where USED = no, then update those rows to be USED = yes.

That way the next time the Zap Runs, it will find new rows where USED = no.

So, after the GSheets Lookup Rows step, add the GSheet Update Rows step.

Then after the Looping, besides the Synthflow AI step, if you need other steps depends on your logic.

I’ve cleaned it up exactly like you mentioned! The only thing I’m still trying to figure out is the business hours and have this running between 10am - 5pm.
This is what I currently have for the business hours

@KevinCL 

This previously provided help article shows exactly how to configure Zap steps for business hours:

https://community.zapier.com/how%2Ddo%2Di%2D3/how%2Dto%2Drun%2Dzaps%2Dduring%2Dbusiness%2Dhours%2D32436