Best answer

Rotate Through A Google Sheet Daily?

• 30 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hoping someone has an answer on this. If I have a Google Sheet with a list of First and Last Names for example. Could I somehow trigger a Zap one time per day for a row then trigger it again the next day for the next row?

So:

Row 1 - John Doe

Row 2 - Jane Smith

Row 3 - Jerry Jensen

Could I set a zap up to trigger Johns info then one day later trigger Janes’ then one day later trigger Jerry then when I get to the end of the list start again at the top the next day if that makes sense?

Doesn’t have to be Google Sheets either if there is some other option.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 30 November 2022, 20:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Chewy14 

Good question.

Perhaps you can add more context about the purpose of the Zap beyond the trigger step.

You can use the Schedule app as a Zap trigger: https://zapier.com/apps/schedule/integrations

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone Thanks for answering on this! After that I would be sending first and last name through to subsequent steps to merge them onto a graphic. I know how to do this but I am unsure how to trigger row 1 one day, row 2 the next, and so on then move back to row one onceI got to the bottom of the list on day 3 referencing my example. The amount of first and last names on the sheet would change occassionally as some will be deleted and some added from time to time. I understand I could trigger a schedule once daily but I am unsure how to find the correct row in the Google Sheet after that so that it moved one down from the previous day. Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Chewy14 

You’ll need to add another column to the GSheet.

Something like STATUS with options such as TRUE/FALSE

In the Zap you’d use these steps

1. Trigger: Schedule (Daily)
  2. Action: GSheets - Find Row
    1. Search for FALSE
  3. Action: GSheets - Update Row
    1. Use Row ID from previous step

Then you’d need to add some logic to the Zap to handle the opposite when all the rows have a value of TRUE, perhaps using Paths.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone Ok I see very interesting. Thanks a lot for the help on this I really appreciate it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Chewy14 - glad to see Troy’s advice was of help! Please ask your questions any time, we’re always game to help our Community members :) 

Best- Rachael