Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a way to reuse a single Zap trigger based on different inputs. Specifically, I have a spreadsheet containing various user credentials, and I want to use these credentials to perform the same functionality with a single Zap.

Here’s what I’m trying to achieve:

• Trigger Setup: I want to use a single trigger for different sets of user credentials listed in a spreadsheet.
  • Dynamic Inputs: Once the Zap is active, how can I ensure it can handle different inputs (e.g., different user credentials) from the spreadsheet?

Example Scenario:
I have a Google Sheet with columns for Usernames and Passwords. I want the Zap to trigger actions based on these credentials. Ideally, I want the Zap to dynamically use each set of credentials to perform the same set of actions (e.g., sending emails or updating records).

Questions:

• Is it possible to configure a single trigger in Zapier to handle different sets of inputs from a spreadsheet?
  • How can I set up the Zap to read and use multiple inputs dynamically?

I appreciate any guidance or examples on how to achieve this!

Thanks

Hi @Muzzumil Javed 

Help link about how to configure Zap action steps to use dynamic variables: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Hi @Muzzumil Javed. Welcome to the Community! 😁

Ah, this wouldn’t be possible. There’s no option to dynamically switch between app accounts in an action.

As an alternative approach you could use paths to run actions on behalf of different users by connecting the actions in each path to a different user’s app account. You can learn more about how to use paths here: Add branching logic to Zaps with paths

Additionally, I wanted to note that it’s not good practice to keep a list of multiple user credentials in a spreadsheet. I’d recommend storing the usernames and passwords in a safer place, like a password manager app for example. 

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues or have any further questions at all do let us know!

Hi @SamB Thanks for guiding.

Yeah I was developing a similar understanding but I will try that path thing as well. 

Absolutely, those are just test accounts so that is why keeping things simple during RND.