Best answer

Required field "File" (Filedata) is missing.

• 30 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I am new to Zapier, but I have been in IT for 25 years, so I have a good understanding of logic and process flow.

I have a zaps that connects Cognito Forms and Citrix Sharefile.

A user submits a form on Cognito Forms, the form includes 11 individual fields where they would upload a file while filling out the form. Not every one of those 11 fields is required and not every one of those 11 fields will have an uploaded file. 

When the Zap comes across a field that does not include a file I get the error message “Required field "File" (Filedata) is missing.” which is expected. After I get so many my Zap turns off, which is also expected.
I need help configuring the zap to first look to see if a file exists, and if it does exist, upload it to Sharefile, if it doesn’t exist, move on to the next step in the Zap without generating an error. Is this even possible?
I thought I had a solution using Paths, but I have more fields than the 3 paths and 3 nested paths allow.
I thought maybe I could use Filters, but it’s not working, or I don’t have it configured correctly. I also tried formatting, same thing, doesn’t work, or I have it configured incorrectly. 

I’ve submitted a request to Zap support, but I really need to get this working in the next two days. 

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 2 June 2020, 20:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JCW88 ,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I see that Jamie in Support was able to assist with this workflow by leveraging some additional paths! In an effort to help others, I am posting a summary of their response below.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions- always happy to help!

By using Paths we can create rules for each one of the "Upload File" fields to "only continue if the file exists" when the Zap runs. 

• After creating a copy of your Zap, delete each of the "Upload File" actions (except the one where we upload the OneDrive file) as we will create 1 Path for each "Upload File" action.
  • For each Path, you'll want to setup the rule that the Path "Only continue if" the specific file "exists"
  • Once you have the rule setup for the Path, configure the "Upload File" action precisely the same as before -- pointing to the folder created in Step 2 of your Zap and the file data coming from Cognito Forms.