Best answer

Requesting Files from Clients

• 10 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone, 

We sign up a reasonable high volume of customers and we need to request about 4 different files from them each time. 

We use Hubspot, Zapier and Asana for most of our workflows, we also have G drive and Dropbox. 

After I complete a deal as marked won, I want to send out something that automatically requests the files and saves them into a folder so we can access them easily. I realise that Dropbox at this stage does not allow Zapier to do this.

Does anyone else have a workaround or alternative that might make our lives easier? 

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 10 May 2021, 15:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mike999302 

Google Drive Zapier integrations are more robust and would allow you to create/find folders and upload files. 

Are you collecting the files through the use of a form or simply by email? 

One possible work flow could be 
Zap 1: 
Trigger: New Won Deal in Hubspot (New Deal in Stage)

Action: Send email requesting files

Zap 2: 

Trigger: Watch for email reply with attachments (if using a form submission then new submission would be the trigger step)

Action: Find/Create Folder in Google Drive

Action: Upload attachments to folder 

It is a simple concept but execution of these two zaps may be more difficult and involve additional search actions or formatting actions depending on the folder name and possibly the email client you use (Gmail, Outlook, other).

An alternative approach might be to request that the contact upload the docs directly to their Gdrive folder. In which case, you would just need 1 zap. 

Trigger: New Won Deal in Hubspot (New Deal in Stage)

Action: Find/create folder in Gdrive

Possible Action: Add File Sharing Preference in Google Drive

Action: Send email requesting files with instructions to upload into their folder directly. Would include the share link from previous step. 

Badge

I like option 1, but I have no way to get the email address for the contact attached to the deal. I am troubleshooting another hubspot step on another thread, and it appears I have not mastered the pulling of additional information from hubspot into my zaps, which would allow me to build out much longer automations

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

like option 1, but I have no way to get the email address for the contact attached to the deal.

Can you elaborate more on this? Do you have the contact’s email stored and it is just not being returned in the trigger step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mike999302 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?