Best answer

Requesting additional triggers for the Wave integration

Hi All,

I’m fairly new here, so apologies if I’m missing something.  But seems like the Wave integration is quite sub-par. 

End goal: Pull all of our wave data into a google sheet as it comes in so we can link it to our dashboards in google data studio to get a holistic view of our businesses performance in realtime vs looking at 4 different platforms. 

I’m looking for additional triggers around when an invoice is sent vs paid. Am I missing some easy functionality around this?

Also, we are using wave for our bookkeeping, so I’d like a trigger for expenses tied to our bank account too. Even a trigger of an expense item being approved to pull into a google sheet.

How can we make these happen?

Thanks for your amazing help in advance!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 18 July 2022, 20:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jamie_A-Bay 

Good question.

First, most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves.

You’d likely have to use the Wave API and/or webhooks (if offered) to query for invoice data that meets your criteria.

The Webhook app can be used as a Zap trigger step to interface with an app’s API or webhooks: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

Hey @Troy Tessalone and Community, 

Thanks for the insights and clarification.  So if that is the case, shouldn’t Zapier have a vested interest in what their “Integrations” actually do?   Is there anyway to give the app developers feedback on them?  

Using API’s and webhooks seems to narrow the field on what is readily available quickly in my opinion.  Or is this something that is super straight forward and I’m missing it?  I’ve went down that rabbit hole and came up empty so far.  

Thanks for the help Community!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jamie_A-Bay 

You may want to reach out to Wave to inquire further about what API endpoint or webhook event can be used for your desired use case: https://www.waveapps.com/help

You can submit feedback to be logged via Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Using app API/webhooks is an advanced approach and depends on the offerings form the app’s API endpoints and webhook events.

There are now 5,000+ Zap app integrations.

Generally only the most popular/common API endpoints and webhook events are exposed for Zap apps.

Some apps have 100s of API endpoints and webhook events, so it wouldn’t make sense to build and manage all of those via an integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, @Jamie_A-Bay! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback. It’s definitely appreciated and valued.

You brought up some great points and I wanted to stop by and hopefully add some context! Troy touched on this but many of the apps on the Zapier platform, are owned and managed by a team of their own developers, Wave included. Since we integrate with several thousands apps, we really do lean into these partnerships and support their full ownership.

And yes absolutely - we are always happy to collect and pass along feedback to their team! 🙂 The best way to do that is to open a ticket with our support team, as Troy mentioned. For the Community specifically, if there’s an existing feature request, we can definitely add your vote to it. For new requests or if there’s a handful of ideas you’d like to share, opening a ticket will be your best bet though.

That said, in the interest of transparency when and if these requests are implemented are ultimately up to their team. If you’re particularly excited about an idea it might even be worth reaching out to Wave directly!

You could potentially use the Wave API and Webhooks by Zapier, if you’re comfortable, as Troy pointed out! It is considered a bit more of an advanced approach though. As a result there isn’t quite as much hands on support. If you’re feeling up to it - here’s a few resources to get you started!:

I hope this helps and if you have further questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to let us know! We’re always happy to lend a hand. 

Thanks again and welcome to the Community!