Best answer

Zap failing due to missing attendee ID property: Need for delay or automatic re-run.

• 22 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Zap that collects a range of properties if triggered, and one of these properties is an attendee ID. This property is used in a later action to find a record in a platform. 

When it gets to this stage, if the attendee ID isn’t known, it will fail as it has no value to search by.

Typically this value is added to the system that triggers the workflow within a day.

When it fails, I can’t rerun from the start to collect that field, and always have to delete the zap run, and go and manually trigger the zap by altering the property in the first system. 

This isn’t sustainable and I need a way to be able to delay until a property exists, or re-run automatically from the start.

Thanks in advance,

icon

Best answer by Danvers 22 March 2023, 10:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Peter_Jones_Jugo!

You can use Delay by Zapier to pause the Zap for a certain amount of time, to give time for the value to arrive in the system. You can learn more about using Delays here: Add Delays to Zaps

If you want to set up the Zap so that if the attendee ID field is present, the Zap continues straight away, and if it doesn’t exist the Zap waits a day or two, you can do that using Paths

The Zap would look a bit like this:

• Trigger
  • Paths - if the attendee ID field exists, go to Path A; if it doesn’t exist, go to Path B
    • Path A - the rest of the Zap steps
    • Path B - Delay by Zapier, then the rest of the Zap    

The one limitation of the Zap is that you can’t ask it to wait until it sees the ID and then move forward. You would need to set the Delay so that the Zap waits long enough that it will always catch late-arriving attendee IDs

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!