Question

Repeating line item data in Shopify order export

• 20 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am sending data from Shopify orders to Google Sheets. I want it to contain all the line items of the products in the order, plus associated line item data. However, this leads to some order level data repeating. I would like to make it so that order level data only appears on the first row.

It is currently like this

And I would like it to end up looking like this; where anything not related to the specific line item is posted once

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @lambojambo16! How have you setup your Zap(s) currently? This looks like something you could achieve with “Loop by Zapier” depending on how the data currently comes in

Userlevel 1

I’m not sure. All the data pushes into the correct columns. The issue is, order level data such as order number, payment status etc, repeats for each line item row that is also pushing through

How would loop by Zapier help?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

You could try to have the first row added first and the rest in the loop by using the ID + 1 of the previous row and filling in the columns you want to fill.

If you’re not sure how to do this, you can send me a message, and we can take a look with Teamviewer :)

Userlevel 1

That would be helpful

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

For anyone that is also looking for an answer on this: We used ‘Loop by Zapier’ and ‘Paths by Zapier’ within that loop. This way, we could differentiate between the first row that is added (Path B) and the other rows (Path A).