Best answer

Rename Dropbox Folder

• 10 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello All, 

Does anyone know if a Zap can “Rename” a Dropbox Folder that already exists?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 15 October 2022, 00:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Katherine Heisler! The Dropbox integration can rename a file, but cannot rename an existing folder unfortunately. The only opportunity to name a folder would be during new folder creation.

You can check out all available Dropbox integrations here: https://zapier.com/apps/dropbox/integrations

Hi @Jillian can you tell me about the zap/dropbox integration where it can rename a file for a non-existing folder?

Also; what are ALL the actions the dropbox integration can handle with a zap?

Thank you, Katherine 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Dropbox integration can rename a file, but cannot rename an existing folder unfortunately. The only opportunity to name a folder would be during new folder creation.

Heya @Katherine Heisler! Welcome to community! 

You can check out all the available triggers and actions for Dropbox in the link Jillian referenced:

Looks like she’s referring to the “Rename File” action:

I did do some digging and while a “Renaming a Folder” action in Dropbox isn’t available currently it has been requested by other users though! While I can’t guarantee when or if this will get implemented I went ahead and add your vote to that request. This way we’ll email ya if that ever does become available. We’ll also be sure to keep the topic update as well.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other q’s. 🙂