Best answer

Removing 'Flood Protection' from a specific zap.

• 1 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

As I write this, I'm 99.99% certain the answer is no, but just for fun, I'll ask it anyways.

I've built a set of zaps for a client, to allow them to run a variable number of checklists in Process Street, based on the variable number of stores they manage (roughly 1100). The first zap runs based on a schedule, grabs the variable number of stores from a Google Sheet as a single concatenated value, pastes them into another sheet as individuals rows, which triggers the second zap.

Because of this, roughly 1100 rows are created each time this runs (once a month). The second zap is then triggered by the new row created, which then takes the data, confirms it via a lookup back to the Google Sheet, and then runs a checklist in Process Street.

This is a way to essentially do a loop, on a schedule, for a variable amount of entries containing variable data, using a zap. I'm gonna be making some content around this later.

However, the sort of minor issue is that the sheer number of rows created (and therefore zaps triggered), hits the 100 task flood protection limit (https://zapier.com/help/troubleshoot/behavior/rate-limits-and-throttling-in-zapier), and is then held by Zapier until I approve them.

This is fine if I'm able to jump right in and approve them, but not so if I'm out and about. Also, this makes me responsible to approve this automation every time from now until forever.

Is there a way to turn off the flood protection for this one zap? I think not. Alternatively, I could probably come up with a creative way to work around it, but why not propose this challenge to the community? Enjoy! :P

icon

Best answer by jesse 2 September 2019, 16:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @BlakeBailey we can definitely help with this! If you write into support and mention the Zap you'd like the flood protection raised for, they can make that change on the backend for you. You'll just need to let them know the new limit you'd like it raised to.

Just keep in mind that even though we can up the limit for Zaps, there is always a chance of hitting an API limit set by the app itself. Just something to be aware of when requesting changes like these. :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks @jesse! Always awesome hearing from you. Never knew that this was possible, so I'm sure others will also find this helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@BlakeBailey for sure! That's why it's always good to ask! :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Just to update this thread with a clarification.

Flood protection is not actually removed per se, but the limit can be increased to a higher amount by Zapier support.

They will typically move the limit up to 1000 tasks per run, but are wary of going above that amount as issue may arise. The issues above that limit tend to be related to API throttling by whatever service you are connecting to.

However, the limit can even be extended above 1000, but you are swimming at your own risk at that point!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I've convinced them to goto 2000 before!

I mentioned at the time that a really good idea would be self-service dashboard so we can set out own flood-limits per zap.