Best answer

Reminders for Detailed Google Calendar Event

• 9 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m using the “Create Detailed Event in Google Calendar” action and would like to set it up to send one reminder an hour before the meeting and one reminder 1 week before the meeting. I have set ‘Use Default Reminders?’ to ‘No’ and added 2 “Email” ‘Reminders’.

However, I can’t figure out what value(s) to use for the “Minutes Before Reminders” field to get it to add 2 different email reminders to the event. I can easily get it to work to add 1 reminder based on the value I enter, but how do I create the event with 2 separate email reminder notifications?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 9 February 2023, 06:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey there,

In that action there’s no way to set different times. We have an open feature request for that, and I’ve gone ahead and added your name to it. I don't have an ETA on when that might happen, we get so many feature requests every day, but we do use these lists when we're working on app updates.

As we have your email logged as a vote there, we will be sure to drop you an email to let you know as soon as we get any news on that front.

In the meantime, I can think of two possible workarounds that might help you out, both of which involve a second Zap

In the first option, your trigger would be the New or Updated Event in Google Calendar and your second step would be Delay Until using the Delay By Zapier trigger (screenshot). Then, when setting up the action, you would map in the Event Begins field followed by “ -1w” (for one week) or “ -1h” (for one hour). Note that you wouldn’t use the quotes and the space is necessary before the “-”. You would set this up to “ -1w” if you had set the reminder on the first Zap to be the 60 minutes reminder, but you would set this up to “ -1h” if the original Zap were setting the one week reminder (screenshot). Finally, the third step would be to send the reminder, and I don’t know enough about your system to know how that would work, but I can imagine a scenario where you used the Gmail Send Email action or Email by Zapier to all of the email address in the “attendee_emails” field from the Calendar event.

The second option would be to use the Event Start trigger in Google Calendar. This trigger is set to run however many minutes you want before an event starts in your calendar. Then the second step here would be basically the same as the third step in the example above.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any more questions!