Best answer

Refresh Google Access Token to Keep Alive the Connection?

• 15 July 2021
  • 3 replies

My app includes workflow to Google Forms and Google Calendar.  I observed a few times, if the zap is not being triggered for an extensive amount of time, the Google login expires, the service breaks and in case the Google service is what triggers the zap, the zap is deactivated.

I suspect, it is because the the login token expired.

This is the message I get when I am going to edit the broken Google app authentication:

Access_token not found inside refresh_token response, you might try reconnecting Gmail if this error continues!

Interesting is, during the same amount of time, a workflow in Integromat continued to work and there the Google login did not expire.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do, e.g. add a zap that uses Google services and will periodically trigger and run?Basically I wonder if there is any way to prevent the Google login from expiring.

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 July 2021, 16:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@itoldusoandso 

I believe Zapier should already have in place a mechanism to keep tokens refreshed, so if you’re seeing an abnormal amount of refresh errors, there could be an issue. 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @itoldusoandso,

Sorry to hear that you’re running into that strange error here! 

That type of error usually occurs when we're not able to log into your Gmail account. This could happen if the password was changed for example. Normally reconnecting the app account will help to fix that sort of error.

You can do that from within your account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/gmail 

If that doesn’t work, I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to further investigate this. They can be reached from the Get Help form and will be able to dig into our system logs to troubleshoot further! :)

OK, so basically the Google connection will stay alive as long as the password doesn’t change (or as long as the authorization doesn’t get revoked by my decision).

I’ll observe if it happens again in the future and if it does I reopen the ticket.

Thanks.