Best answer

Reformatted text not being sent from Formatter to Airtable

• 20 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to set up a Zap that will take a new to-do item (or message would work too) from Basecamp 3 and create a record in an Airtable table. The trigger works fine, but I’m having trouble getting the correct information to translate into Airtable. When I map the fields for the action, the Basecamp input for the “Description” field spits out HTML coded text and a non-active link to an image that was in the “Notes” field of the Basecamp task. I tried adding a format step to remove the HTML tags, and the test of this step worked, but when I test the action, I still get all the code showing up in the Airtable record.

Is there a way to set this up or map the fields so I only get text? And is there a way to separate out the image posted in the Basecamp to-do and make it go to a different field in the Airtable record?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 20 August 2021, 02:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @manifestcreative 

Make sure you’ve mapped the output from the Formatter step to the Airtable step.

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Ah! Missed that, I didn’t realize the format step created a whole new output. Thanks! That worked perfectly.

Is there a way to pull out an image that is saved in Basecamp and drop it (or at least a direct link) into its own column in the Airtable record? The only place I see the image file referenced at all is in all that code from the description text that gets reformatted, but it’s not a live link, just the file name from the code. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@manifestcreative 

You’d need the file object or full file url in order to upload to an Attachments column in Airtable.

How to use files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Thanks!