#REF Connect 2 Google Sheets with each other possible through Zapier

• 2 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have the following Zap

1. User subscribes to email list
  2. Trigger: Copy Google Spreadsheet 1
  3. Trigger: Copy Google Spreadsheet 2

These Google Sheets are communicating with each other through =IMPORTRANGE, which is fine, but as soon as a copy is made, the files require to be given access again to communicate with eachother.

Since we want this all to be automatic we are wondering if this above part is also possible with Zapier.

Sheet 1 is the Sheet which is shared with the new email list subscriber.

Sheet 2 is the “backend”. Here are all the secret formula’s, which help the user get to a certain answer on Sheet1 without revealing the formulas.

icon

Best answer by Paolo 3 November 2022, 02:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @JasperN, hope you’re doing well!

In this case, it doesn’t look like it’s possible to automate granting access for the copied spreadsheet. Another community post suggests changing the permission of the source spreadsheet file to public to get around this:

Aside from that, I’m not seeing any other ways of getting around this. Hopefully that helps clarify what’s possible.

Hi @JasperN, hope you’re doing well!

In this case, it doesn’t look like it’s possible to automate granting access for the copied spreadsheet. Another community post suggests changing the permission of the source spreadsheet file to public to get around this:

Aside from that, I’m not seeing any other ways of getting around this. Hopefully that helps clarify what’s possible.

Hi Paulo,

It does, amazing!

I wanna use this in combination with Adding file sharing preferences. This works.

Is there also an option to remove a certain file sharing preference?