Question

Redirecting Shopify payments to process via Square

• 2 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am having some trouble using zapier to redirect my checkout payment process from Shopify to Square, as Shopify payments to not allow for me to use their processor if I am selling hemp/CBD.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Jalil,

Welcome to the Community! :)

I’m not sure Zapier would be the best fit for redirecting users during the checkout process, that sort of thing would need to be handled on Shopify’s end. As we wouldn’t be able to change or redirect the user to a different payment processor when they are placing their order on Shopify. 

I did some digging and it looks like you might need to replace the Add to Cart button with a contact link on the hemp/CBD product pages. That way your customers can reach out to you about them and you can create a manual order for them to pay via Square. This is discussed on the Shopify website here: Have different payment options for different products or collections? 

Not an ideal solution, but hopefully it will help in the meantime until Shopify allow the use of different payment processors for specific types of products.