Best answer

Reddit Hot Posts→ Twitter Pages How to Schedule

• 21 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone! I built a Reddit New Hot Posts→ Twitter Pages trigger and here’s the outline:

By far, everything works fine. But there seems no way I can schedule this procedure. The Schedule by Zapier is unavailable when I tried to pick it:

I’ve tried the delay function but it didn’t work as I supposed. I want the whole process action once every 12 hours or once every day. Also, I tried to start with the Schedule by Zapier but then the Reddit app leaves me only one event option: New Link Post, which is not what I want.

Could any one help me with this, please. Thanks ahead!

icon

Best answer by PaulDavidson 24 August 2022, 16:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, 

The “Schedule by Zapier” is a trigger action not an “Action”. Your trigger seems to be “New Post in Reddit” (which works fine for you if I understand correctly?) 

So what you need is basically do the tweets twice per day (every 12 hours), correct? Then you can set the time in the “Delay by Zapier” and use the Delay Until part. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

The “Schedule by Zapier” is a trigger action not an “Action”. Your trigger seems to be “New Post in Reddit” (which works fine for you if I understand correctly?) 

So what you need is basically do the tweets twice per day (every 12 hours), correct? Then you can set the time in the “Delay by Zapier” and use the Delay Until part. 

Hi, MohSwellam!

Thanks for your kind instructions. I tried the “Delay For” action before but the zap just accumulated multiple planned tasks and did the tweets on the same day separately. Each tweet has a time interval of around one hour or two, which should’ve been 12 hours as I set in the zap.

However, I have not tried the Delay Until feature yet. :)

I juts did the adjustment you said, delay until 1:00 PM and let’s see if it works. I’ll give you feedbacks once I get the results.

Thanks again, and have a nice day!

Marsh

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

Hi, MohSwellam!

Thanks for your kind instructions. I tried the “Delay For” action before but the zap just accumulated multiple planned tasks and did the tweets on the same day separately. Each tweet has a time interval of around one hour or two, which should’ve been 12 hours as I set in the zap.

However, I have not tried the Delay Until feature yet. :)

I juts did the adjustment you said, delay until 1:00 PM and let’s see if it works. I’ll give you feedbacks once I get the results.

Thanks again, and have a nice day!

Marsh

Well, I tried Delay Until, still got several tweets in 2 hours today. : |

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @Marsh 

Ah I see, So the problem is, there are too many hot posts right?

I would have suggested Delay after Queue but then you would end up posting old hot posts for days to clear the queue.

There are a few ways to handle this!

1. Filter out some posts
  2. Create a digest of the hot posts

To filter some out you will need to add something to your Zap to count your triggers and filter out some of the hot posts, Storage by Zapier is one option for that you can read some more about that here: https://zapier.com/help/create/storage-and-digests/storage-examples-in-zaps#step-1

Alternatively if you want your 1pm Tweet to contain links to all of the Hot Posts you can achieve that using Digest by Zapier: https://zapier.com/help/create/storage-and-digests/compile-data-in-a-digest-in-zaps

Userlevel 1

Hey @Marsh 

Ah I see, So the problem is, there are too many hot posts right?

I would have suggested Delay after Queue but then you would end up posting old hot posts for days to clear the queue.

There are a few ways to handle this!

1. Filter out some posts
  2. Create a digest of the hot posts

To filter some out you will need to add something to your Zap to count your triggers and filter out some of the hot posts, Storage by Zapier is one option for that you can read some more about that here: https://zapier.com/help/create/storage-and-digests/storage-examples-in-zaps#step-1

Alternatively if you want your 1pm Tweet to contain links to all of the Hot Posts you can achieve that using Digest by Zapier: https://zapier.com/help/create/storage-and-digests/compile-data-in-a-digest-in-zaps

Hi @PaulDavidson 

Thank you for your concise answer!

Frankly speaking, I don’t mind posting old hot posts as long as I can schedule them. 😂 So I might go back to Delay after queue and explore this action deeper (last time it turned out the similar result as Delay For and Delay Until).

I also browsed and tried the other 2 options you suggested. Storage by Zapier feels a bit “advanced” to me. And I am sorry that Digest by Zapier, which appends contents to one tweet is not actually what I want.

Thanks again for your suggestion! Regards.