Best answer

Reddit --> Discord via Webhook

• 13 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I’m trying to create a Zap that will post a new message on a Discord channel whenever a post reaches hot:

I wante it to be embed like this (this wasn’t done with Zapier). But I don’t know what I should be inputting in the Payload Type and what Data field in order to get this result, and not that error

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Danvers 29 April 2020, 13:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! I don’t have access to a Discord server, so I can test the required format here -Can you send a screenshot of the field options Zapier gives you ?

Hey there! I don’t have access to a Discord server, so I can test the required format here -Can you send a screenshot of the field options Zapier gives you ?

There, these are the fields options I end up with after selecting POST as an Action Event, and Json as a Payload Type

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Isakam! It looks like you’re using a Webhooks POST action here, is there a reason that you’re sending the information in a webhook rather than using the Discord Send Channel Message action?

If you use the Discord Send Channel Message action then you’ll be able to post a message to a channel - is that what you’re trying to do?

Hi @Isakam! It looks like you’re using a Webhooks POST action here, is there a reason that you’re sending the information in a webhook rather than using the Discord Send Channel Message action?

If you use the Discord Send Channel Message action then you’ll be able to post a message to a channel - is that what you’re trying to do?

Hello @Danvers

Yes, I wanted to send it in such manner cause I want to send the message in JSON format, for embedding purposes. I have tested the regular Send Message channel, but it seems like it doesn’t support images embed, It only supports links and then the innate Discord link preview kicks in, and shows the image below the link

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you @Isakam!

I see what you mean now. We do have a feature request open for the ability to add images to messages and I've added you as another vote for this addition - we use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. 

In the meantime, you’ll need to take a look at the Discord API documentation to see how they are expecting to receive the image in the message so that you know how to structure the payload of the webhook. I found the section of the API that handles creating messages - here it is

I hope that helps!