Best answer

Recommendations: Airtable -> any platform -> Instagram to post Carousels?

• 27 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello, I am gently going mad.

I have an array of images in Airtable. I can use Zapier to post the first of the array of images to Instagram without problem. I want, however, to post them as a carousel (several images in one post) on Instagram.

I see that the Instagram Business integration does not support this.

It appears adding multiple images from Airtable →  Buffer or Hootsuite does not work either. Does anyone know how to?

Does anyone know a social media planner that supports this?

Otherwise, could someone point me in the direction of how I can code something myself to post several photos to IG. It requires a POST for each image, and then a POST that creates a Carousel container with those images in it and publishes it. Is there a way to use Airtable and Zapier to do that sort of thing?

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api/guides/content-publishing#carousel-posts

icon

Best answer by Danvers 28 July 2022, 11:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Narrowings!

My sympathies for your brain as it pours over various API documentation. 

We do have a feature request open asking for the option to post multiple images in one Instagram post. I don’t have an ETA of when we might be able to add that, but I’ve added you as an interested user, which lets the team know how many users would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll email you if it does get added. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you.  In the meantime I am going to try to write my own script to do it myself using code, loop, and web hook blocks. It seems fairly simple. Wish me luck.