Skip to main content
Best answer

receive form submit from html form

• 22 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

I created a html form which will be pre-filled using Zapier. After editing the form with correct contact info, I want to use SUBMIT to send the info to Zapier and update my Google Contact.

Normally I do this with JotForm, but for some reason there’s some trouble with the new updated version of Jotform so I build the form myself using HTML/CSS/JS

With Zapier I can creat a new zap and search for the app I want to connect with. But for some reason I can not find a HML form.

How can I set this up if possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @stefansegers 

Try using Webhooks.

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

Badge

thanks!! Will do that

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

“This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.”

Hello there!

If you want to send form submissions to Google Contacts using Zapier, you can use a service called Webhooks by Zapier to set up a custom webhook URL that will trigger a Zap when the form is submitted.
Here's how you can set up a webhook and use Zapier to send the form submissions to Google Contacts:

Go to Zapier and create a new Zap.
In the "Trigger" section, select "Webhooks by Zapier" as the trigger app and "Catch Hook" as the trigger.
Follow the instructions to copy the webhook URL.
In your HTML form, add a hidden field with the name "zap_trigger_hook" and set the value to the webhook URL that you copied.
In the "Action" section, select "Google Contacts" as the action app and "Create or Update Contact" as the action.

Follow the instructions to connect your Google account to Zapier and map the form fields to the contact fields.
Turn on your Zap.

I hope this helps!