Best answer

Read the value of a single cell in Sheets

Hello, I’m new here but I could not find a solution to my problem.

I have a zap that creates every week some draft e-mails in Microsoft 365 Outlook. I would like this zap to write in the draft e-mail the content of a single cell in Google Sheets. The cell is always the same (E14) and is updated manually every week.

Any suggestion? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 20 October 2022, 22:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @dadisem 

Here’s the solution.

1 – Trigger

In the Google Sheets trigger, use the “New or Updated Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets”.

In the set up trigger, select the Spreadsheet, Worksheet, and Trigger Column. In the Trigger Column field, select the column “COL$E”.

So the Zap will trigger only if any cell’s value is changed in the column E.

2 – Action

Your action should be the Filter by Zapier. It’s used to filter the data received by triggers or previous actions.

Your filter setup should be “Only continue if...” – Row Number Exactly matches 14. See the following screenshot.

Then, click on the “Continue” button.

These Google Sheets trigger and Filter action setup means it will process the next actions only if the E14 cell value is updated.

3 – Action

You can setup actions as per your requirements from the 3rd action.

I hope this helps.

Hi and thank you very much.

My trigger is SCHEDULE BY ZAPIER because I make the system create many different draft emails every week on Monday (I have 6 “create draft email in Outlook” actions).

Do you have an alternative solution? Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dadisem 

Good question.

Try using a GSheets Lookup Row step in the Zap.

Thank you Troy,
the problem is I don’t know what to enter in the LOOKUP VALUE (required) field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dadisem 

Perhaps you can post a screenshot of your GSheet in order for us to have more context.

Thank you Troy,
the field I would like to use is E-14.

I would like the data (PHD14542) to appear in a draft email (like “the code that you have to use this week is PHD14542)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dadisem 

You’ll need a static value in a column for that row that can be used for the lookup value.

Thank you Troy. What do you mean exactly? :) Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dadisem

As an example….

You could lookup the static value of TOTALE in column A, which would return row 11 and all of that row’s columns with headers.

Thank you for your help Troy! I’ve find the solution.