Question

Read Excel data and then send an email via Klaviyo

• 6 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to set up automated notifications to be sent to customers who’s orders have gone over a certain delivery time frame.

I have automated reports being sent by my courier as an Excel document. One of the columns contains the date an order was collected by the courier and another column contains the date it was delivered by the courier. If the parcel is still in transit then the delivered column is blanks.

I want to automate the following:

1. Excel report is received into an email address.​​​​​​
  2. If the delivered column is blank and the pickup date is longer than 3 business days old
  3. Send email to customer advising of the delay using Klaviyo (or Shopify).

Does anyone think this is possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mwatsonnz 

Good question.

Can you provide a screenshot with the top few rows of the received XLS?

What app is sending the email notification with the XLS?

Wonder if there is a different way to approach this if you can get individual notifications.

If yes, then I’d recommend using an Airtable Base.

You can configure formulas to calculate the days delta between 2 dates.

Then you can use that to trigger automations.

Unfortunately i can’t get individual notifications. That would make this process so much easier!

My couriers are sending the XLS directly from their servers.

Screenshot showing the automated data i can receive. For reference i’ve removed some details for privacy reasons whilst posting in this forum.

The other key detail that is on this spreadsheet is the Shopify Order number which would be used on the other end to contact the correct person.

Key columns are I and J - These contain the pickup and delivery data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mwatsonnz 

You may want to try something similar to this workaround.

Upload the XLS file to GDrive.

Then get the CSV version of the XLS.

Then you can use the Formatter > Utilities > Import CSV.

Then you can use the Looping app to find/create + update the records in Airtable.

Configure Airtable to trigger Zaps based on the desired filter logic.

Thanks Troy,

I’ll have a crack now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @mwatsonnz

Were you able to get this working using the workaround Troy suggested? Keen to make sure you’re all set here! 🙂