Question

Read excel attachment in gmail

• 27 May 2020
  • 5 replies

How can one read a specific cell in a specific tab in Excel that is attachment to a Gmail email?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! The best way to do this is by using the “Find Row” action in Zapier. You would first create a trigger action, and then find the row in Excel that you want to read, ideally with information from your trigger. 

Hope that helps! :fingers_crossed:

You mean connect Gmail to Google Sheets, when I get a new Attachment (from new email),I find or create row in Google Sheet, and it will help me find the specific tab and cell in the excel attached to the Gmail email? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@edchan 

Sorry we missed this! Did you get sorted, or do you still need help ?

Thank you for reaching out @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu :) i did it by saving the attachments (i can only save all attachments) to google drive, and from the link generated from google, read a specific range. It kind of works, except if the cells are merged,, but its more steps, which takes time, have lots of unnecessary attachments saved along with it, and is not very reliable, as it cannot read if cells are merged. Is there a better way to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

When you say there is “lots of unnecessary attachments” can you explain what you mean by that?