Question

Read bottom cell data in column

• 26 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Everyday I get a .xlsx and I'd like to read the newest cell data in the same column daily. Every week a new row is added so the cell that needs read will change.

I think I can figure out how to daily transfer the xlsx from my Gmail to my Google Sheet. Just reading the data is where I'm struggling.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @tonygrilo,

Assuming you have created the automation to take the data from your Gmail to drive, then you can extend the automation to do the following:

• Make sure you have “Convert to document” enabled in google drive upload action
  • Use google sheet find “many spreadsheet rows” action
  • In the Google Sheet set up menu, map the Google Drive file id

The when it runs, it’ll get the data from the spreadsheet that just being uploaded to Google Drive.

I haven't set the automation to move the file from Gmail to Drive yet.

The challenge is the file is nearly the same everyday, I don't want all of the data. I just want the data from the cell that is on the last column and last row. Which the last row will change once a week.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and will try your method tonight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tonygrilo 

cc: @robschmidt 

Beware the GSheet Find Rows actions will return a max of 10 or 20 rows depending on which is being used.

I only want to capture data from one cell. That cell can change everyday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tonygrilo 

Can you provide a screenshot of how the XLSX file is originally formatted?

Interested to see how the XLSX is formatted before I offer a possible solution.

What column do you need the data point from? (Perhaps you can outline a specific example with real values.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @tonygrilo!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last message. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)