I’m halfway there to getting a zap dialed in. I’m trying to send out a reminder email to a project manager until the task is complete to provide a schedule update. We use Dropbox to store an chronologically dated Excel file. It’s labeled sequentially with the date it’s made (i.e. “Daily Report MM-DD-YYYY.xlsx”). Workflow so far is:
- At 3P daily during the week check the specified Dropbox folder for the Daily Report Excel.
- If found, send me an email to review.
- If not found, send an email to the project manager reminding him to do it.
- Check again in an hour to see if the folder is updated with the new file.
- If it’s updated within an hour, go back to step 2.
- If not updated send another email reminding them to do it. Repeat this every hour until it’s done.
My solution so far is:
- Schedule by Zapier Trigger everyday at 3P
- Dropbox “Find File” action looking up the Daily Report based on the trigger date filling in the variable date.
- PATH A: If Dropbox finds the file, send me an email telling me to review the file.
- PATH B: If Dropbox doesn’t find the file, send project manager an email and CC me to do the work.
- Delay by Zapier for 1-hour.
- ???? then what?
Not sure if there’s a better way to capture this. I *think* if I can loop after the Delay by Zapier to search for the file again I can make it work. What do you guys think?
Best answer by Troy TessaloneView original