Best answer

Quickbooks Online Trigger for upcoming reoccurring payment

• 27 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Any thoughts on how to create a notification email to customers that a reoccurring payment will be processed on “X” date?  Quickbooks appears to have set triggers and other workflows for invoices but not for reoccurring payments?   Right now I have to run a manual process that creates a spreadsheet and apply some macros to it for an Outlook email to get generated.  

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 29 October 2020, 14:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

(Disclaimer - There are so many ways to achieve this - My suggestion here is not necessarily the best, sanest, or simplest - It’s just the first thing that came to my head

If you can’t handle this in Quickbooks, have you tried handling this in an external tool. I love Airtable, so my mind tends to immediately think of how I’d handle it using their “New record in view” trigger. 

Flow would look like this:

1. Send recurring payment info to Airtable (user, name, email, cost, date of payment etc)
  2. Create a view that filters based on payment date - e.g. “Date of payment” is in 3 days
  3. Trigger zap off that view
  4. Send email reminder
Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response.  This really doesn’t solve the problem.  I’m trying to get a automation direct from QB without having a manual export process.  Once the data is out of QB sending the email is the easy part.  I was wondering if anyone had figured out a way to auto trigger out of QB.