Best answer

Quickbooks online and thryv integrations

• 5 May 2023
  • 6 replies

The specific question I was trying to get clarity on is related to the fields in which your system is pulling in from QBO. Specifically, as part of our desired CRM workflow, we would want to automatically follow up on un-approved estimates in QBO after X of days to the specific person tied to the estimate not necessarily the customer record, can Thryv pull from the Estimate record itself and not the Customer record?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 5 May 2023, 17:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @KJ4301,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

At this time, the Thryv integration does not support the “New Estimate” trigger. We're always looking for ways to make our integrations more powerful, and it sounds like this could be really useful for others as well, so much so that it's already one of the top feature requests for this app.

I've added you as an interested user to this feature request, which helps to increase the visibility of the request and allows us to notify you when the feature is implemented. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality.

To give you some context, the Thryv integration is developed and maintained by the same people who make that product. I also encourage you to reach out to them and request that they add this feature. Our partners are sometimes more responsive when they hear from their own customers, and it’ll raise the visibility of your needs.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hi @KJ4301,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

At this time, the Thryv integration does not support the “New Estimate” trigger. We're always looking for ways to make our integrations more powerful, and it sounds like this could be really useful for others as well, so much so that it's already one of the top feature requests for this app.

I've added you as an interested user to this feature request, which helps to increase the visibility of the request and allows us to notify you when the feature is implemented. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality.

To give you some context, the Thryv integration is developed and maintained by the same people who make that product. I also encourage you to reach out to them and request that they add this feature. Our partners are sometimes more responsive when they hear from their own customers, and it’ll raise the visibility of your needs.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

it does but what if the estimate record was coming from Qb online and imported into thryv to use the reminders functionality of Thryv but just pull the estimate record as opposed to the contact record from QbO

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @KJ4301,

This could be possible since QuickBooks Online has a “New Estimate” trigger. However, I don’t see the “reminders” action in the available Thryv integration. Could the “Create Busy Time” work for you? If so, maybe you can setup the Zap like this:

1. Trigger: QuickBooks Online (New Estimate)
  2. Action: Thryv (Create Busy Time)

Also, here’s our integrations page for QuickBooks Online and Thryv: https://zapier.com/apps/thryv/integrations/quickbooks

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

Hi @KJ4301,

This could be possible since QuickBooks Online has a “New Estimate” trigger. However, I don’t see the “reminders” action in the available Thryv integration. Could the “Create Busy Time” work for you? If so, maybe you can setup the Zap like this:

1. Trigger: QuickBooks Online (New Estimate)
  2. Action: Thryv (Create Busy Time)

Also, here’s our integrations page for QuickBooks Online and Thryv: https://zapier.com/apps/thryv/integrations/quickbooks

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

with thryv i would be using a three day trigger on an estimate imported through the zap. it would then trigger a reminder email and txt to the estimate recipient that to remind them it is an open estimate. i am a thryv employee myself and i know if we can trigger QbO to pull over on a new estimate then my system will easily send the reminder emails and texts

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @KJ4301! Ah, very cool you’re a Thryve employee - appreciate the extra details as well!

I wanted to clarify a few points if that’s okay - it sounds like when a New Quickbooks estimate occurs you would like to wait 3 days and if the estimate is still open send a reminder email and text through Thryve. Does that sound right?

If so, as Ken mentioned the Thryve app doesn’t currently support the reminder function. There is a “Create Conversation” action however I’m not sure if that’s exactly what you’re going for.

If you’re a Thryve employee, it might be worth having a chat with the team who manages this app - it looks like it’s currently owned and maintained by Thrye. 🙂 You may have a strong case to make some changes that support your workflow!

I hope some of this help but definitely keep us posted if you have any other questions! 🧡

Hey there,  @KJ4301! Ah, very cool you’re a Thryve employee - appreciate the extra details as well!

I wanted to clarify a few points if that’s okay - it sounds like when a New Quickbooks estimate occurs you would like to wait 3 days and if the estimate is still open send a reminder email and text through Thryve. Does that sound right?

If so, as Ken mentioned the Thryve app doesn’t currently support the reminder function. There is a “Create Conversation” action however I’m not sure if that’s exactly what you’re going for.

If you’re a Thryve employee, it might be worth having a chat with the team who manages this app - it looks like it’s currently owned and maintained by Thrye. 🙂 You may have a strong case to make some changes that support your workflow!

I hope some of this help but definitely keep us posted if you have any other questions! 🧡

if i can get the estimate to flow into thryv as a conversation or a new client then i know i can set our automated campaigns to trigger after 3 days after being imported and send an email reminder and text. i just want to make sure that the flow of information from QB is based on a new estimate and it sounds like it can. i would be interested to see the flow happen as i think it would be a very useful automation and take alot of running down estimates off of my clients plate