Best answer

Quickbooks Online and Projects

• 1 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Has anyone successfully figured out how to trigger a Zap when a new Quickbooks Online “Project” is created for a client? This appears to be a much better way to handle client work instead of sub-accounts (which blow up when you archive them).

Thoughts appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 September 2020, 10:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jay Graves! There isn’t currently a way to do this using the QuickBooks Zapier integration, sorry about that.

We do have a feature request open for the option to trigger from a new project. I've added your email address as another vote for this addition, which lets the team know how many folks are interested in seeing this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

Userlevel 1

add me rustygrunwald@gmail.com and I thought that a Zap could be created from a QB online customer creation?  If a customer creation can be the trigger, seems like a sub customer (ie. job verssus a project) creation can be your trigger? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @blackholevrg - I’ve added you to this feature request so that you will be notified with any updates. 

You are correct, there is currently a customer creation trigger but the functionality to trigger off of a project is currently unavailable. Let us know if you are able to achieve your workflow using your suggestion above!

Please, please add me to this chain as well.   If we can figure out a zap when a job is created that would be huge!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@dscine I have added you to this request as well!

This would be super helpful for me, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@raizz thanks for letting us know! I have added your vote for this feature request as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there, 
to further what has been said. Currently this isn’t possible because not all of the fields from QBO are being returned when a new customer is created. Your projects are triggering with the “New Customer” trigger but there isn’t a way to filter them from the rest of the “Customers”. There is a field in the QBO api called “IsProject”. Since, this field isn’t being returned in the existing trigger it’s not possible to filter off of it. For anyone in an immediate need for this feature, please contact me and I would be happy to build you a solution. Thanks!