Question

QuickBooks invoices automatically set to Viewed status instead of Sent

• 3 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Everybody

I have a small zap that sets Invoice due dates on google Cal (new invoices with future due dates)

Then, 2 days before the due date sends the Invoice to the customer for payment

Everything work nicely but the issue is once the invoice is sent it is automatically set to a Viewed status instead of sent.

Not sure if I am missing something in the setting.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @crelis 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured, thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

very simple zap

trigger is the event start

When I set up the cal event - I give the billing email as the location and the Invoice ID as the description

so as I said very simple but I expected the invoice status (in QuickBooks after the zap is completed) to be sent and not viewed

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @crelis 

The status you are referring to, is it the emailStatus of the invoice? If so, I do not think that can be changed/edited within the public integration of QB. If you do need that functionality and control over that field it would probably require a custom Zapier QB build. Just quickly glancing over QB’s API docs it seems that you should be able to change this value via the API.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I figured that this is probably the answer (which means that the public connector is flawed) 

Thanks it does help let me know that I am not crazy :)